Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The First Few Months

The first few months of using coupons can be deceiving. You may feel like your spending the same, or more money. I know I did. But I could see that I was bringing home a lot more groceries then I did before coupons.

After a few months of stocking up on items, you start to settle down, look at the sale, and say, thats a good deal, but I don't need that, I don't need that, I don't need that. And you realize that your monthly budget can go down, and you are spending less. It takes about 3 months, more or less, but when it happens, its a very noticeable change.

The first 3 months, I was overwhelmed with coupons. I felt like it was a full time job. My husband was worried about money and how much I was buying. He would say, I know its a good deal, and I can see that coupons are a good thing, but I hate to spend that much money! I would remind him that it take time to start seeing the savings, to be patient. And then all of a sudden, I didn't feel overwhelmed anymore, I didn't feel like it was a full time job, and I could even point out some good deals in the ads.

You will start to remember what coupons you have, so you can easily point out the good deals in the ads, and everything will become easier. It just takes time, practice and patience.

0 comments: